So typically, I love the new year. I love the fresh start it gives me and the reflection that I can make on my prior year. This year however, January was a shit show.
A friend and I decided that we were going to start the new year over again starting today, Feb 1. Here are my goals for this month and I will be posting a detailed goal list for my new year later next week.
- Re-implement morning routine – I was out of town for the first half of January and sick for the second half so my routines have gone to shit. I would wake up at 8:00am and start work at 8:01am leaving zero time for myself. My re-implemented morning routine will look like this
- Read ~one hour
- Meditate ~10 minutes
- Oil pulling + morning vitamins (fermented cod liver oil & probiotics)
- German Language practice ~20-30min
- Eat my veggies – I want to improve my digestion and eat more for my body instead of my tastebuds. I plan to eat green veggies with at least two of my meals daily.
- Debbie Millman Exercise – I recently listened to one of Tim Ferriss’s podcasts with Debbie Millman. In the last 30 minutes she talks about an exercise that is kind of like a 10 year plan of what my best day would look like.
- Post my yearly goals on the blog – this month, I forgot about the blog and I would really like to get back into it. Future posts to look forward to:
- Word of the week (to expand my vocab)
- Notes on You are Here
- Notes on the Wisdom of Insecurity
- My favorite books of 2016
- My top takeaways from 2016